Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good day repeated

So, today I made it to my second Jazzercise of the week. (No sweat on the floor tonight but I was ringing wet after and I was standing under a fan so I'm chalking it up to that.) My meals got kinda out of sync as I actually ate breakfast so was not hungry for lunch and then starving after work. But I just gritted my teeth and drank my protein shake and went to workout. Snaps up for that!

Tonight I'm making another salad for dinner. I like my hubs working late as I can eat what I want and its very freeing not to have him around at mealtime. In some ways he's just as fucked about food as I am but the other way, he's one of those folks who honest to god forgets to eat. It's just so frustrating to hear him say at 5 o'clock "Man, I'm hungry, I haven't eaten all day..." and then he gets going on a game or project and finally eats about 9pm. Fucker. I so wanna be like him in regards to food. He also looses his appetite when he gets stressed or upset. WTF?!?! I binge when stressed or upset. I guess we are a perfect pair. Anyway, sorry for the husband tangent. What I'm really trying to say is that ever since his lecture about the ice cream a few weeks ago I have felt weird eating around him. I eat my meals alone in the kitchen so he doesn't see what or how much I eat. It may be wrong, but it's just easier for me to deal with it this way.

Anyway, back to the good stuff! I also refused dinner at Olive Garden with my mom tonight. She is in town for meetings and called as she and her co-worker were on the way to the restaurant. Thank god I worked out as I was sweaty and gross and on my way home (which is on the other side of town from O.G.) so I used that to beg off. Plus meals out are not in the budget, but I didn't have to use that excuse. I thought about going for a split second and "just having salad" but we all know how that would have turned out. I would have caved and ordered pasta and binged or been good and then been pissed watching them eat the yummy food and come home and binged. Possible outcomes of entering restaurant? Fail or fail. So I feel good that I just said "NO" (like Ms. Reagan taught us in the 80s--har, har) and came on home.

Tomorrow I may try Auden's suggestion (sorry, I don't know how to add links but check her blog out as I am a follower) and fast for just a day. I'm gonna be in the car for 5 hours and will not be doing any strenuous exercise so it seems a good time to try. I might have to eat breakfast though, we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Guys don't know when to keep certain comments to themselves and half the time, they don't seem to know what they're saying so they look really confused when you're pissed at them! So annoying... But let me know how the every-other-day fast goes! Good luck girl :)

    ReplyDelete