Friday, June 11, 2010

Tomorrow is...

Tomorrow is the 8-year anniversary of my father's death. I am missing him a lot lately. Fucking cancer...

We were very close. Some times so close that we drove each other nuts. Sometimes he was an asshole. Sometimes I was a manipulative little bitch. But I loved him so much and he taught me so much and he is really the reason I am the person I am today.

I have this flash of memory from my wedding day that I have never shared with anyone. The rest of the wedding party had walked into they sanctuary and it was my turn. The music changed and the wedding coordinator looked at me and said "Are you ready?" As I looked at the door I was about to walk through, this thought cracked across my brain


"I wish my Dad was here"


And that's all I really have to say today.

1 comment: