Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Crankypants, size Medium-point-five please

So, the shopping that was intended to relieve my cranky mood turned into a combination of running errands and finding multiple opportunities to be annoyed whilst nearly being involved in several traffic accidents.

First annoyance: The consignment store only took half of the clothes I took in. And I'm perplexed as some of the pieces they rejected were really nice office clothes of the type that are usually snapped up right away. These are too big items that I am happy to part with. I've already tried to sell these things at 2 garage sales, lowering the prices to practically nothing, but no takers. Fuggers! I have one more garage sale to try at the end of the month and then I will decide if I want to try Craigslisting them, altering them smaller (prolly not gonna do that...I want new shit, not fashion re-runs) or just giving them to charity.

Next annoyance: I am stuck in the clothing badlands where nothing fits. I have sold (most)everything I own that is too big (except for those annoying remnants mentioned above) and have a closet 3/4 full of stuff that is too small that I figure will fit ok when I lose another 10 lbs. Unfortunately, it seems that Jesus may show up before I can get into my summer clothes. So, whilst we wait for the second coming, I have very little to wear and just wanna buy a new t-shirt or two and can't for the life of me fucking find one that fits! I am too big for most Mediums, too small for Larges. If someone made Medium.5 they would be getting my money right now.

Last annoyance: Scale. Is. Not. Moving. And. I. Just. Wanna. Give. Up. I am fucking sore from working out and fighting the urge to snack so much my teeth hurt. Serious white-knuckling today folks. My stomach is sloshy-full of salad, water, and diet soda, but it's taking all my strength not to dive into a binge head-first.

At least I got my library books returned and the box dropped off at UPS. I'll hang on to that while I chew gum and surf my fav shopping sites in search of the perfect pair of crankypants.

No comments:

Post a Comment