Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cee-lex-ia

Yesterday I saw the nurse practitioner my therapist recommended. I was very nervous and anxious, I hate Drs and was prepared for the lecture I would get regarding the fact I have not had a "female checkup" for years. But it was ok. The lady has a little white poodle as a therapy dog, so I got to do most of the appointment with a dog on my lap.

Left with a Rx for Celexa and the name of a lady Md who specializes in women's health. Meds lady wants me to have my thyroid and iron levels checked, but I'm not getting too invested in that outcome. I mean, isn't it every fat girls dream, to hear you have a thyroid issue and there is a magic pill that will fix it? Whatever, if there is one thing I have learned in my 35 years, it's that my life doesn't work like that...

The first dose of meds left me nauseated and tired last night. So, it def curbed the late-night eating. Not much hunger today either--yay for that. I know that my body will soon adjust and the appetite will come roaring back, so I'll just try to make the most of it while it lasts.

Two positive things from the appointment: First, med lady said there was def a big anxiety component to my depression. I know I have a lot of anxiety that I hid from everyone, so I'm glad she could see it and is trying find meds to help. Second, I discussed my fears of gaining weight in relation to meds. She asked me "So how are you weight-wise in relation to your family? Are you about the same as everyone else?" I told her "No, I'm actually kind of a skinny-mini, but that is cuz they are obese." "Well, your doing really good then" she said. Well, I guess maybe I am if you look at it like that...

So, I'm riding the wave of Cee-lex-ia and hoping for the best. I have been doing some stuff around the house and am working on something I'll tell you about soon.

And lisalisa, thanks for your comment on my last post. I know what you are saying is true. I need to do a better job of expressing myself to others and not turning my anger inward. Thanks for calling me on my shit, it shows you really care. :)

1 comment:

  1. I take the same medication. Personally I really like it. I don't know if it has prevented me from losing weight, or if its just my fat ass preventing me from losing weight (woke up early to go work out, now sitting reading blogs). Give it a chance... my dr said it would take about 2 weeks of consistent medication for me to feel a difference. I only take it every other day now bc its not a lifetime medication, but it DEFINITELY helped my outlook on life in the beginning.

    Good luck!! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete