Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today did not suck

Today I felt good. The coin had flipped and I was back to feeling like someone half-normal who was making the best of her life. I went to exercise class. I bought shoes. I got angry and felt it, talked to someone about it, and then let it go. A casual friend called for no reason other than to say Hi and chat. My husband made a flippant, 3-word statement that made me laugh out loud when he said it and again hours later. I drank half a glass of wine and got nicely tipsy. Someone I have known for years commented that they honestly did not remember me ever having a weight problem and that I have always looked good (even though I weighed at least 40lbs more when I met her. Granted, she smokes a lot of weed, but I still know she meant it.)

All those precious little sparkles have left a warm glow on the day. Here's to tomorrow not sucking. Here's to living life.

No comments:

Post a Comment