Wednesday, May 26, 2010

If....(sparked by a question on another blog)

If I had the time, money, and no other responsibilities I would:

1) Buy some big old cool looking car with a bench front seat. (Like a Charger or a Gran Torino.)

2) Get a cool tattoo on my upper left arm (design yet to be determined).

3) Buy some expensive, kick-ass awesome cowboy boots.

4) Put on Levis, a tank top, my belt with the big sterling buckle, the expensive cowboy boots, get on Route 66 in Oklahoma and drive the big car across the Southwest with the windows open and my bad-ass tattoo displayed 'cuz I have my left elbow on the ledge of the open car window.

In my fantasy I would drive for days in the heat and dust, sleep in the car, drink regular Coca-cola, have leather bracelets on my wrists, and not give a shit about anything. I would stop at diners for pie and coffee. I would buy cool jewelry and cheap trinkets and dye my hair black with white-blond highlights. I would pick up a guy who looks like Chris Cornell and there would be lots of fucking. In heat of the car in the desert. In the cool morning dark of cheap motels. I would point that big ol' car to the west and drive into the sunset smoking cigarettes. I would clear my head of all the "if onlys" and "whys" and "why didn't yous" and just drive and drive and drive...

4 comments:

  1. Can I come? Please? I have some kick ass scuffed cowboy boots and used to (or my ex used to) have a mean old Charger, with skull door knobs and a skull gear shifter and a picture of a girl in a gold bikini on the bonnet. It was rad.

    You may have to share Chris Cornell though. Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Pants, you are most welcome to come along on my fantasy road trip.

    I don't think I would have a problem sharing my hot drifter with the right female companion. ;)

    ReplyDelete