Monday, January 25, 2010

Go shawty... It's ya birthday

Yep, today I am 35. Woke up with a raging case of the cramps--Thank you Aunt Flo. Took a handful of ibuprofen and went back to bed for 2 hours. Why not? It's my birthday?!?!

Weighed myself today. Up to 148 (on my scale that weighs light)...Fook et! That's up 10lbs from my pre-wedding weight, in less than a month. Dang, I am certainly a pro at packin' on the pounds. Of course, I have been putting away the sweets and fast food like a starvin' piglet, so I'm not surprised. Time to reap what I sow and pay the piper and all that.

Today, however, I was blessed in that I didn't wake up with the raging hunger that I have had for the past week. (Hummm...hormones perhaps?) In fact, I didn't eat breakfast until 12:30 so good job there. I have to save calories as I know there will be a b-day dinner tonight. (That's what anorexics do, right? Well, no. They just don't eat. Healthy people budget and balance calories. Damn, I'll have to work on that--after I get my celebration dinner. It takes an act of congress for my hubby to willingly take me out so I'm not lettin' this chance slip. Perhaps by next year I will be a better anorexic and will be able to pass up the goodies I am entitled to on the day of my birth...)

I never visualized myself at this age. I never really thought much about what life would be like after my 20's, but I always had a vision of myself as a white-haired old lady painting pictures and puttering around outside. It's like I had a huge blind spot about the middle of my life. Which may be why there ain't shit worth talkin' bout happenin' here. I did get married before turning 35 (barely!) Slid in under the wire of old-maid-dom with less than a month to spare. Guess it's time to get up, get out there, and get a life. Gotta fill this space while I wait for my hair to turn white.

Happy b-day to me.

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday!

    and I had not thought a bit about doing something jewelry related! you got my mind going. Middle child is already in bed - but she will be very pleased to see she had a response already when she gets up tomorrow! thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete